Monday, January 30, 2006

FIRE TRUCK! I LIKE FIRE TRUCKS!

My Great Uncle Douglas is the head firefighter at the station that serves our area. He has been promising to bring the fire truck by my house and let me sit in it. So tonight he came by after a training session. I wasn't very sure about it (fire trucks are VERY big). But Uncle Douglas gave me a fire badge and daddy picked me up and took me out to the truck.

Fire trucks are SO COOL! I was really excited to get into the front and sit in the big fireman's seat. Daddy got to sit in the seat too. Mommy took some pictures so you could all see what a good firefighter I'll make some day. Daddy asked me if I was a firefighter and I said "YES!"

Abby even got to get in the truck (that is Uncle Douglas holding Abby - he is a very good firefighter). It was time for the firefighters to go back to the station so Daddy told me it was time to get out. But I didn't want to! As Daddy reached in to get me I scooted further and further away. But Daddy has very long arms and got me anyways...so I started to cry. I didn't want to get down - I wanted to stay in the fire truck. The firemen thought this was very funny...they said I could come down to the station on Thursday and sit in the truck again. I hope we do!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

holy cow you gotted to go in a firetruck? you is so lucky to have an uncle who is a fireman! Maybe when mommy gets me out there to see you we can go see it together!

penny