Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Warners or bust!
At the end of July we loaded up the minivan at 3am and started heading south...to Warner's Hot Springs, California for our annual family reunion. We took two











days to get there. The kids did great...we had a portable DVD player but never needed to use it. The kids kept themselves entertained and were model passengers. We did learn that Michael gets carsick - at the end of the Sisqu's he said his mouth felt funny and then threw up on himself. He only got himself and his car seat so we got him cleaned up and laid towels all over his booster and continued on our way. Fortunately our hotel had a laundry room where I could wash everything that night. We had the same cabin at Warners that we had last year and this year cousin Rachel stayed with us. Great Uncle Bob has all the pool pictures...for some reason I didn't take any. He does have a very funny one of all the nieces and nephew playing tug o' war with Ben in the pool - if I can get a hold of it I'll post it. The kids did great in the pool and loved playing with their cousins. I did not get into the pool. My eczema was flaring up and I can't take my medicine when I'm pregnant so it was too painful for me to get in the water. The kids got to go on pony rides...they LOVED that. There was also a barn cat that would chase pine cones...that was actually more fun for the kids than the pony rides. My cousin, Julie and her family came as well and she brought a bunch of craft stuff for the kids to do. We LOVE our time at Warners and look forward to going back next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment