Friday, January 14, 2011

...moving on...




This was our home.

We moved into this house one month after we got married, Ben was 22 and I was 21. Our history with this house, however, goes back much further. My older brother used to live here and the first summer Ben and I dated ('97) Ben stayed with him when he came to visit me. It was in this house, one summer evening, that Ben and I first exchanged "I love you"s. We didn't imagine that we would buy that house a few years later and live there for 10.5 years!!!

When we moved in we had a full size bedroom set, a couch, a bookshelf, a chair, a TV, a throw rug, a futon, a very small dining table and chairs. I remember sitting in our living room imagining hearing little feet thundering down the hallway and a small face peeking around the corner. We discovered we were going to be parents four times in this house, we brought 3 babies home to this house....we lost a baby in this house...we, in a sense, grew up in this house...so many memories...so much laughter...a few tears...it seemed so weird to leave...

...but it was time for us to move to the next chapter of our lives and let another family create their memories in this house...

we were so blessed to have as our realtor my brother, Jim . He did a great job and 15 days after the house was placed on the market we had a great offer. We actually knew the family who bought it, although we didn't know it until we got the offer. They will take such good care of the home and have plans to update a few things (the flooring & the kitchen) I had always dreamed of updating - until the layoff. They have invited us back to see all they did to the house when we are in town and I am very grateful for that.

I need to see if Jim still has the pictures he took of the inside for the listing. It looked SO good!! :)

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Such a pretty house. So neat seeing Jim's name on the real estate sign! Is he enjoying being a realtor?

Did Grandma C. live there at one time too?

Am looking forward to seeing pictures of your new house. :)

Mary said...

Jim is enjoying being a realtor. It is a lot of very hard work to build a book of business but he is doing well.

The house was originally built with Grandma C in mind. She missed the sun and her house in San Diego too much to move up permanently though. So Paul bought it and then we bought it.

You should come see the new house in person! :)