Friday, March 18, 2011

Mom?

I was watching "Bobby Flay's Ireland" on TV last night. Michael came in and snuggled in next to me. He watched the segment on the organic farm and cooking school...

Michael: "Mom? Will you teach me how to cook?"
Me: "Yes, I think that is an essential skill for you to have."
Michael "Mom? Will you teach me how to grow our own food?"
Me: "Yes, we can learn that together."
Michael: "Mom? Can we grow tomatoes*?"
Me: "Of course!"
Michael: "Mom? I really want to grow Oranges."
Me: "Hmmmmm, how about apples?"

I love that he has an interest in these things. I love to cook and I aspire to have a killer garden. I've been pouring over garden designs for the new house and picking out the perfect spot. I am going to give Michael and Abby their own little garden to plant 3 things they want and they will be in charge of tending it. I think this is going to be a really great summer!


*his favorite food - and thank god something I can grow with little trouble :)

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Oh! I wished you lived closer, we could garden together. :)

We're planning on adding a couple of garden beds this spring, can't wait to get going! -- I wish our growing season was longer though . . .